I’ve listed spinach and ground coffee as optional ingredients but definitely add them if you have them. Frozen blueberries and cherries are cheaper than fresh and they make the smoothie cold so you don’t have to add ice.
Black forest smoothie
- 150ml kefir (or 100g yoghurt)
- 100ml water
- 1 ripe banana
- 2-3 pitted dates
- 75g frozen blueberries
- 75g frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (the kind without sugar)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground coffee beans
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Add 150ml of kefir, 100ml of water, 1 ripe banana, 2-3 pitted dates, 75g frozen blueberries, 75g frozen cherries and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder into a blender.
- Add any extras such as 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, 1 teaspoon of ground coffee beans or 2 handfuls of baby spinach, if using.
- Blend until smooth then divide between two small glasses.