- 3cm pieceginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsmirin
- 2 tspfish sauce(nam pla)
- 200gcod, cut into 4cm chunks
- 100gegg noodles
- 200gbroccoli, cut into florets
- 4spring onions, finely sliced
- Red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsptoasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsptoasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsoyster sauce
- 1 tbsVegetable oil
Broccoli and oyster sauce are a match made in heaven. When combined with noodles they make a super quick, healthy lunch and require just three ingredients. The addition of marinated cod, spring onions and sesame seeds elevates this simple dish and turns it into a hugely enjoyable dinner.
The original Wagamama recipe specifies monkfish but I use frozen cod steaks, defrosted and marinated overnight in the fridge. The recipe also lists three garlic cloves as part of the marinade but I found one clove to be sufficient.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, mirin and fish sauce in a deep bowl. Add the cod and coat thoroughly in the marinade and allow to soak for a few hours in the fridge, or if possible, overnight.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet then drain and rinse with cold water. Briefly boil the broccoli for around 2 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. (I tend to cook the broccoli at the same time as the noodles, adding them to the pan two minutes before the noodles finish cooking).
- If your sesame seeds aren't toasted, heat them for a minute or two in a hot, dry frying pan until they start to colour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a hot wok then add the cod, the white part of the spring onion and the chilli. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry for a minute then add the oyster sauce followed by the noodles. Stir well before adding the remaining spring onion, scatter over the sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Tranfser to a bowl and serve with miso soup and/or dumplings.