Salmon fillets are nice enough but the addition of a topping turns them into a real treat. This dish can be put together very quickly and if you already have some breadcrumbs made up (I use panko) then it takes almost no time at all.
You can use white, wholemeal or panko breadcrumbs. Frozen breadcrumbs work well.
- olive oil (to oil the baking tray and to drizzle)
- 2 salmon fillets (around 240g total weight)
- 2 tbsp pesto (fresh or jarred)
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs (2 tbsp to mix with the pesto, 1 tbsp to finish)
- 12-14 olives, halved (green or black)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan) and line a baking tray with foil. Drizzle over a little olive oil and place 2 salmon fillets onto the tray.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of pesto with 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs and top the salmon fillets with the pesto-breadcrumb mixture.
- Place 12-14 halved olives on top of the salmon fillets and push them into the pesto-breadcrumb mixture. Scatter the remaining tablespoon of breadcrumbs over the olives and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon fillets.