- 2 tbschia seeds(any colour)
- ½ tsphoney
- a dashvanilla extract
- juice ofhalf a lemon
- 1 tbsflax seeds
- 350mlmilk of your choice
A breakfast that you have to prepare the night before can sound tedious but this takes just a few minutes and involves no mess. Combine the oats, chia seeds, milk, honey and vanilla the night before and leave in the fridge overnight to develop into a kind of pudding then add the lemon juice, seeds and fruit the next morning. When I'm feeling really lazy I only combine the oats, chia and milk the night before which takes no more than two minutes.
Anna Jones uses white peaches in her recipe which would be divine but they aren't always in season. Frozen fruit works really well but my all time favourite combination is warmed frozen raspberries and fresh mango. Cherries, blueberries, apples, pears; almost any fruit works really.
As an aside, I recently bought a Gelindo citrus squeezer from Amazon which has made one of my least favourite kitchen tasks, juicing lemons, effortless. It's well made, sturdy and most importantly, easy to clean. I couldn't recommend it more.
- Add the oats, milk, chia seeds, honey, vanilla and flax seeds (if using) into a small jar (I use the smallest Korken storage jar from Ikea).
- Stir well and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning remove from the fridge and let it warm up a little if you have time.
- Defrost any frozen fruit if using.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the oats and stir well.
- Divide between two bowls or glasses alternating with whichever fruit you are using.