This is my favourite smoothie. It’s made from banana, peanut butter, ice and kefir but I nearly always bolster it with chia seeds, psyllium husk and a few dates if my banana isn’t ripe enough. The extra ingredients are optional but if you have them then add them for a fibre boost.
I sometimes add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder if I fancy a chocolate flavoured smoothie and a teaspoon of ground coffee beans is a great addition if you’re in need of caffeine.
Yoghurt is a good substitute if you don’t have kefir.
Peanut butter smoothie
- 150ml kefir
- 100ml water
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (I use chunky)
- around 10 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2-3 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground coffee beans or espresso powder
You will need
- a blender
- Add 150ml of kefir, 100ml water, 1 ripe banana, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and around 10 ice cubes into a blender.
- Add any extras such as seeds or cocoa powder if using.
- Blend until smooth then divide between two small glasses.